Sunday, September 23, 2012

Inside the treasure chest

As it is, in my mind, something really important, and I thought about the moment and its uniqueness so intensively this week, I decided to dedicate this weekend to the moment. And so there is the second poem I wrote this week about our own biggest treasure chest, that we most of the time don't notice, but we all have one. So, what do you see, when you look inside of it?

When I felt lonely,
and couldn’t see any future,
couldn’t see how it should go on,
and what I am supposed to do,
a man showed up,
he just appeared, sat next to me.
We talked endlessly,
and it felt good.
When I asked him where he came from,
he looked at me, right into my eyes and said,
that he was here all the time,
I just haven’t noticed him.
I replied this can’t be possible,
but then he said that the eyes can’t see everything that is existing.
When I looked at him puzzled,
He asked me what my biggest treasure is.
I wondered about that question and said
that I’m not rich, that I don’t have much money,
no gold and not even a piece of jewelry.
He said that everyone has a treasure chest,
it’s full of something that is more precious than any money.
I was thinking about that,
me sitting in front of that chest, opening it, and see its content sparkling.
I would be rich, finally, my sorrows would all be gone,
and all my pain would be simply removed,
but then I asked myself why no one had ever told me about it.
So I asked him where mine is, where I could find my treasure chest.
And then he smiles: Right in front of you.

On September 27, the 6th season of The Big Bang Theory will start, time to get once again back to the first episode of the 5th season. The sentence ‘This is not what it looks like’ inspired me to write that short story about that not everything can be seen with the eyes, there are so many things we can’t see, but they are there anyway. And when three people look at the same thing, they don’t have to see the same thing, too. Wanna have an example? Let me explain it to you with that poem.

Imagine that treasure chest:

Penny opens it, and says: it’s empty


Sheldon opens it, and says: it’s filled with Nitrogen -- N2 -- 78.084%, Oxygen -- O2 -- 20.9476%, Argon -- Ar -- 0.934%, Carbon Dioxide -- CO2 -- 0.0314%, Neon -- Ne -- 0.001818%, Methane -- CH4 -- 0.0002%, Helium -- He -- 0.000524%, Krypton -- Kr -- 0.000114%, Hydrogen -- H2 -- 0.00005%, Xenon -- Xe -- 0.0000087%, Ozone -- O3 -- 0.000007%, Nitrogen Dioxide -- NO2 -- 0.000002%, Iodine -- I2 -- 0.000001%, Carbon Monoxide -- CO -- trace, Ammonia -- NH3 -- trace

I open it and say: it’s filled with time. Nothing is more precious than taking some time to spend and look at that chest, maybe sharing that moment with a person you love. Because time will become more and more precious in our world in which everything seems to rush faster and faster.





Source of chemical components of air: http://chemistry.about.com/b/2011/01/29/what-is-the-chemical-composition-of-air.htm

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Poem is thought provoking and lovely.
I was thinking, what would my treasure chest be full of? I was leaning towards "moments", like memories which is pretty close to "time" . I think that is what I will be thinking of when the day comes that I lie on my death bed..those moments I spent with people I love, the things we did together that made us happy.
So many spend so much time accumulating "things" and sure I like to shop and pretty things are nice but I won't be laying on my death bed thinking about my sofa, right?

Unknown said...

Thanks for your thoughts, Krystal.

You're are totally right. When the day will come you'll probably think about other things, more special ones. As the really precious things in life can't be bought. So many people believe that only what they can see with their eyes and what they can touch with their hands is really existing, but there is so much more. You can feel something without touching it.

Tina Fariss Barbour said...

Sanny, I enjoyed your poem. It's lovely!

I think time would be in my treasure chest, too, specifically time with those I love.

Your poem really got me thinking. There's so much we can't see with our physical eyes. Thank you for sharing!

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Sanny .. great at least I can now comment - thanks ...

Great thought about your poem .. there's so much we don't see - so much we forget, and so much we think about ... that is so unnecessary and worrying!

As you say live in the moment, but remember our soul out front ..

Lovely poem story ..

Cheers - Hilary

Unknown said...

thanks @Tina and @Hilary for your comments. glad you two like my poem ;)

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...