Friday, August 3, 2012

The way I am

You probably have met people in your life and recognized that they weren’t just that nice and friendly as they seemed to be in the beginning. When someone talks bad behind your back about you, it’s not quite easy to deal with such a thing. So what are you doing? Just going to that person and say he or she should stop saying such mean things about you? Would you even dare to do that?

People judge, they complain, they try to find a way to make someone else bad. Maybe to distract attention from their own mistakes which they try to hide. I have seen it pretty often while I was working in an office. You can do so many things good and one single thing wrong and what will be seen by the boss? Right: the wrong one. So even when you do 99 % right - no one talks about that, it is assumed that you do it all correctly. But when it comes to the 1 % you did wrong, the boss will only talk about that and only see that.


when people talk bad about you, you sometimes just wanna hide

The same when you are not that good as anyone else. Maybe you were taught to act differently in a situation or you have a disability that you try to hide or you made an experience that changed your mind and attitude on something. So you might handle a situation differently than your boss expect but no one would ever care. No one is interested in why you are different, everyone sees that someone else can do it, so why not you?

Everyone is challenged in life, mostly in the working world. It is a tough place, you have to fight hard when you wanna survive. You can only do that when you know what you can do best, when you know about your strengths but as well as about your weaknesses. You have to turn your weakness into a strength, or at least convince the others that it is not a weakness. That will make you stronger.

Some guys wanna see you perfect? No, they just don’t want you to be better, so they have to make you bad. But you can strike back - be who you are, know more about you than anyone else. Someone is maybe better than you in something, but worse in something else, and that’s what you try to find. Not to blame the others for that, but prove that you are special and absolutely essential.

3 comments:

Tina Fariss Barbour said...

Sanny, I agree that people judge others and complain about them to distract even themselves from their own faults. I've heard it said, and I think it's a book, "What others think of me is none of my business," and I believe it. What others think about us says more about them than about us.

Another thought-provoking post! :-)

Unknown said...

I agree that some people are so unhappy with themselves that instead of dealing with that, they go on the attack to criticize other people. Everyone makes mistakes, everyone.
It is hard to hear that people are talking about you, I wish I had thicker skin for those times. I have this line whenever I am in a situation where people start to gossip, I say, "_________ is my friend (neighbor, co-worker, whichever) and I really think I need to exclude myself from this conversation." And I walk away.
I like how you remind us that everyone has a strength and a weakness..nicely put.

Alisha said...

I have a "friend" (who is actually more of an acquaintance) who constantly puts other people down. They are known for saying mean things about other people and also has NO problem talking about how attractive/intelligent/wonderful they are.

It wasn't until after I graduated that I realized how little I care for listening to them speak. I even wonder from time to time if, maybe, they're trying to cover up the fact that they are incredibly self-conscious. This meshes in with the idea that people who are unhappy with themselves will find joy in bashing others. I don't know, though.

I just try my best to avoid them at all costs. And, should the need for us to be around each other arise, I maintain my composure and treat them just as I would treat anyone else. It's difficult at times, but I find it's much easier to avoid conflict than to take part in it!

Great post, as always!

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...