Wednesday, June 6, 2012

A small big thing


Have you seen the transit of Venus yesterday? I have to admit that I have forgotten it. Read about it in the newspaper last Saturday, but anyway, I missed it. Today on the internet I found an article about it, I guess it’s from Austria. There I have also found these incredible pictures.


taken by the NASA

the Venus passed between Sun and Earth

The Venus orbits the Sun in 225 days on Earth. The last transit was in 2004, and the next will be in December 2117 – so I guess none of us will see this. It’s like a once in a lifetime experience. Like the solar eclipse in 1999. I remembered that everyone bought such special glasses, that it was in the media all the time, and that for a short moment the day turned into night.

This time it was ‘only’ the Venus which passed between the Sun and the Earth, but I love these natural spectacles. It shows us that we are only very small in a very big universe. Because of the great distance we saw the Venus as such a small thing, arousing such big interest, not just for the NASA.


2 comments:

Optimistic Existentialist said...

These pictures are absolutely amazing!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing!! I love being a witness to these events, and I completely forgot too!
The pictures really are special.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...